I wanted to share some information with you to help you understand a few things your body might be feeling and also to motivate you to continue Fasting.
Food is habitual, the hours you normally eat can become the hardest, since your mind is telling your body it’s time to produce gases or acid to digest food. It’s normal to feel cramps or headaches. #youaintdying
Fasting has a lot of physical benefits because of the detoxing and cleansing it produces. At the same time, your body won't feel too great while it's being cleansed.
WHAT TO EXPECT AS YOUR BODY CLEANSES ITSELF THROUGH FASTING
- Headaches (may cause dizziness)
- Bitter taste in tongue
- Bad breath
- Stomach cramps
- Skin breakout (pimples)
- Gastric irritation
These are all effects from your body releasing toxins and poisons. To alleviate these symptoms please drink plenty of water. Drink 8 glasses a day of water or more.
Drink your liquids at room temperature or warmer. Your body is already hot. Temperature in body is average of 98 degrees. Cold drinks can shock your body and give you gastric cramps. (no ice drinks)
Water, Herbal Teas, Cranberry & Apple Juice are the best to drink on a fast. Other juices may be to acidic and may cause stomach pain.
HOW NOT TO THINK ABOUT FOOD
Fasting demands replacing meals with the reading of the word and prayer. Replace your regular meal time with prayer and reading of the word. #eatthescroll
THE PRINCIPLES OF FASTING
- Fasting is not just missing a meal.
- Fasting is not dieting.
- Fasting demands dedicating time for meditation.
- Fasting demands replacing meals with the reading of the word and prayer.
THE BENEFITS OF FASTING
- Increased spiritual capacity
- Spiritual discipline
- A clear sober mind
- A pure heart and mind
- Hunger for God and his word
- Physical health
- Loss of excess weight
- Purified body
- Spiritual freedom
- Physical freedom
- Spirit of giving
- Your light shines (evil powers can't withstand you)
- Protection by God
- Answers to prayers
- Intimacy with God
- Increased retention capacity
THE AFFECTS OF FASTING
- Fasting changes you (not God)
- Fasting doesn't move God (moves you into better positioning)
- Fasting increases our spiritual capacity
- Fasting breaks habits and spiritual bondage
- Fasting quiets the heart to hear God's voice